The best part of having a pretty new place is that I get to have dinner parties. I love entertaining and I love cooking for my friends. When my BFF Alona came over for dinner on Saturday, we couldn't open up her bottle of wine, so we went downstairs and had my concierge do it. Luckily it wasn't the same concierge who I've had open up my jars of tomato sauce, or he would think that I'm totally not self-sufficient.

More of the kitchen. Notice the lack of exposed pipes running through it. And the fact that it's all in one room.

My washroom is so beautiful. It has granite counters, sparkling floors, and a toilet so clean you could eat out of it. In fact, it's so beautiful that I won't allow it to be contaminated with human excrement. When I need to use the facilities, I go downstairs to the washroom in the gym.

This is the living room. You'll notice that I'm not posting any pictures of my bedroom. That's because I'm too lazy to clean it. Maybe I should just take a pic of my roommate's room and pass it off as my own.

And as I said before, my favourite part of the apartment. It's a corner unit facing north-west, so here is the view from the living room: Lake Ontario. Ignore the containers of toxic waste. And the three-armed fish.

And from my bedroom, I can see the CN Tower. It may be an ugly mass of concrete, and a phallic symbol to boot, but it's so pretty.

And it's lit up at night! And it has a light show every hour. It's kind of awesome.

Here's the Skydome...errr...Rogers Centre. Toronto is renaming everything after corporate sponsors. In fact, my apartment is known as the Hanes-Underwear Building.
4 comments:
Ling, Invermay is very lonely without you. If I get granite counter-tops and a toilet so clean that you can eat out of it will you come back?
Sweet digs!! I like how clean it is. Clean is good.
And what's this about PhD malaise? Boo! Most PhD students I know combat the stress and malaise with a strict drug-alcohol-carb regimen. Or they spiral into blissful insanity. So, just throwing those options out there..
Eema - no.
Lyds - my roommate is super-clean, and like a chameleon, so am I now. But I kind of miss our apartment in Israel, where we kept all our dishes, cutlery and cookware in the sink, and would only wash an item before we would use it. It was awesome. Washing dishes after use is for wimps.
Dude, next time I'm in Toronto (well, Thornhill) I have definitely got to get off my lazy ass, get out of the 'burbs and come visit y'all! I want to see this "clean Leora" of which you speak! And your sweet apartment with its super-awesome view! Curses on my laziness. I will be a better person in the future!
Post a Comment