My mother just found this little treasure when she was cleaning out the basement and I have to share it with my faithful readers:
I was a bit of a brat when I was younger (and maybe now too) so my parents sent me to my room on a regular basis. But instead of taking my punishment like a good little girl, I'd send threatening and angry letters downstairs. I'd attach them to my dog Skippy's collar with tape and he'd carry them down to my mom and dad. Apparently one time I made them laugh so hard that they let me down early.
Here's one that I just scanned. That evil ogre-looking character is my mom, and I drew myself looking part angelic and part martyr. I particularly like my spelling, which sadly, has not improved much in 16 years. I think that this shows a lot about me. To quote Shakespeare, some are born bitchy, others achieve bitchiness and some have bitchiness thrust upon them. And I think you all know now which one describes me.
4 comments:
haha! That is so cute!
Old age may have dimmed my memory and my eyesight; however, I remember distinctly Skipmail delivering your missives.
Abba
LEORA, do you mean to say that during all this time that you've been claiming to know nothing about art, you were in fact an artist?! For shame.
i love this.
& it reveals another similarity between us-i was also a brat! Unfortunately, I was not as clever as you. very impressive!
Post a Comment