Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Paris and Toronto

Yesterday afternoon, Paris Hilton and I went shopping on Bloor Street. Not together, of course. I doubt we were even at the same stores; she probably went to Prada and Louis Vuiton while I scoured the sales rack at Banana Republic. But with the Toronto International Film Festival beginning tomorrow, my beloved city is being infested with celebrities of all shapes and sluttinesses.

I have no desire to see Paris Hilton in the flesh (with most of said flesh exposed). In fact, I don't care about meeting celebrities, with one or two exceptions. But with Brad Pitt coming to town, no would blame me if I hang around Yorkville, right?

And if any of you dear readers want to see a celebrity, apparently that chick from Ready or Not is working as a server at one of the Firkin pubs downtown...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we didn't run into her! Maybe it was the women with the two dogs in the stroller.

We have to go star gazing on Thursday!

Leora said...

Or the chick who parked her porsche in the "No Standing" lane outside the Windsor Arms...

That's the thing about this time of year in Toronto, you never know who might be a celebrity.

Anonymous said...

paris is awesome! but only because she has no redeeming qualities and if therefore the perfect celebrity.

Anonymous said...

From my limited experience in seeing celebrities they often look dowdy and non-descript in person. You are thinking "shadenfreuden (or whatever) of mee-ow* ". Its true!!! Give me the real people in a line-up at No-Frills any day.

* Leora might say "mee-fucking-ow"

Leora said...

I disagree, I've also seen lots of celebrities, and they usually look different, as if the gods themselves were shining on them.