Saturday, March 28, 2009

Come, now is the time to worship

I wrote a little while ago about how my roommate and I rock out to her CD of Christian music. Our favourite song is "Come, Now is the Time to Worship", and it is so, so awesome. Now some of you might be thinking: "Leora, why do you like this music so much?" or "Leora, aren't you Jewish?" or even "Leora, if we find out that the tens of thousands of dollars a year we spent on your Jewish day school education is wasted, you better pray that your new lord and saviour is going to protect you from us, because we're going to KILL YOU!"

And to those people (meaning, my parents), I have this to say: chillax. I'm very happy with my current religion. It's a mitzvah to eat, to drink and to nag. That's just about perfect, in my opinion. But I have to admit, those Christians seem to have more fun. Observe:

And compare it to this:

If it weren't for the matzah balls and freshly baked challah, I'd totally convert.

5 comments:

UnknownSoul said...

you guys have too much fun! now as some Muslims would say haram! forbidden! no music..........
but since I don't go that path.. though still jealous.. I'll just say this about your CD.. "you can't take it with you when you go!" :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtSRvyfxc4

Hanna said...

Man I love Blues Brothers...

The Hebrew captions cracked me up, cause between James Brown and the "Rawhide" scene, I'm just picturing people in Israel staring at their TVs during this movie all, "what the hell goes ON in that country?" At least, the approximately 17 Israelis who've never been to the US might say that.

Leora said...

Sana, don't be jealous – I don't watch Lost with my current roommate. That awesomeness is something that only the two of us shared.

And Hanna, you're right, the captions are great. I didn't even mean to pick that particular video, it just seemed like good quality. I thought that it was funny that they didn't have captions for when James Brown was singing. I'm thinking it's because they couldn't understand what he was saying!

UnknownSoul said...

oh i was jealous of the Christian and Jewish music :D
and my next roommate didn't like lost either.. i mean she didn't LIKE it.. i like to believe she didn't know what she was talking about

speaking of lost.. WHAT is Ben? they said no matter what you do its already done so doesn't matter.. but Sayid killed Ben!...

Leora said...

Well Ben has killed Locke (twice!) but Locke's still alive and kicking. This season is awesome. But I'm scared – if next year is the last season, then we have so few episodes left and so many secrets that need to be revealed. I'm scared, Sana – hold me!