Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Bearskin in the Rockies

We went camping last weekend, and although I nearly froze to death, I had lots of fun. And have decided that I want a bear as a pet. I promise to feed it, take it for a walk at least twice a day, and give it lots of hugs and kisses. My pet bear will be vegetarian, and eat only berries and honey...not humans.
We had fun putting up the tent. And by "fun", I mean "difficulty". But it was great. Until we went to bed, and I realized that when the temperature dips down to -3 degrees C and my sleeping is only good to +6, Leora is not happy.
At least this kept us warm at night. We didn't have real wine glasses, so we used Tim Hortons cups. Classy! I may not be a wine connoisseur, but thought the wine had subtle flavours of oak, berry and Double-Double.

We also had to chop our own wood for a camp-fire. This is me as a lumberjack, and yes, I am wearing women's underwear.
Even with crap weather, the drive from Jasper to Banff is beautiful.

No comments: