
I just got back from the UK and found out about last week's terrorist bombing attacks in Sinai. This time they happened in Dahab, that little resort town that I once called "heaven on earth". Now I'm just on Google News, trying to find the names of the 24 people who were killed, to see if any of the Egyptian friends that I made last year are on the list.
I wish I knew what to say. Egypt is one of my favourite countries in the world, but this is so fucked up. It keeps on happening, year after year. As much as I love Cairo and Sinai, I don't think that I'll be going back there anytime soon. What the fuck is wrong with these people?!
2 comments:
Let me know if you find out anything. I doubt it was them, I certainly didn't see any place I recognized in the pictures, but still. Can you figure out any better than I can where the bombs hit?
Yeah, it's crazy. I think that Marianne has Rami's e-mail address. Going to get that off of her for sure. But I think you're right, it was further along the road.
Hanna, doesn't it seem weird to you that we lived through that, and each bombing was such a big crisis, but now that we're out of the region, it barely makes news? There's something wrong with this situation. Why do they put more importance on foreign lives being lost than Egyptian? It's nuts. But I'm sure that Abdullah, our old taxi driver, has a thing to say about the siutation, and how Mossad was involved.
Post a Comment