
I love London. I mean, I really love London. There are lots of cities that I like (Cairo and Rome), some that I think are alright (LA and Florence) and some that I just hate and wouldn't mind if they got wiped off the face of the earth or infested by wild monkeys that throw excrement at people until they all evacuate and the monkeys are able to take over and form their own government, which is somehow more capable than the current administration in the United States. (Such as Paris and Mumbai).

But London? I just adore it. It ranks among Jerusalem and Toronto as my favourite places in the world. I would love to eventually live there...although since it's so frigging expensive (!!!) I just have to be content with an occasional visit. A few months ago I got an unexpected scholarship and decided that the money would be far better spent on travellin' than on studyin'. So it was off to London I went!

This time I went with my mom, who had been to the UK when she was my age, but being the philistine that she is, didn't fully appreciate it. So we went again, to London and up to Scotland, where we had, truthfully, a fanfuckingtastic time. We went to all my favourite museums, saw two West End shows (Hay Fever with Dame Judi Dench and Movin' Out) and even squeezed in some time for drinking. Scotland was also lovely, Edinburgh being just as picturesque as I remembered, and I still do love the Highlands. My mom loved the scotch. I'll post more later on, just wanted to get the main post out of the way, because in case you couldn't tell, I've been a little behind in my blogging. So enjoy the pictures, and there'll be more where that came from....eventually.

5 comments:
It's about time! What is whisky casking?
You are hot.
See. I didn't say it first... Now I don't feel like I'm embarassing you.
You are hot. :)
Whisky tasting. I love free things, and I love whisky. Combine them together and you've got one happy (and drunk!) Leora. Actually, my mom was worse than me. She started drinking at 7:30. What a boozehound.
And thanks Sammy, how sweet are you! David has to say those things, but it's nice to hear from you, a genuine, bonafide hottie.
We had a fantastic time despite the fact that we slept two nights in the airport (Leora is frugal), didn't eat in restaurants (Leora watched our money), slept 10 to a room in Edinburgh (Leora is dowright cheap), and never took a taxi (because Leora is_____). Despite all that we laughed, saw wonderful museums, had picnics in the most beautiful sights of London and Scotland, drank freely at whiskey stores and airports (I had to choose Fred's present carefully) and only fought a very tiney bit. What a lovely trip.
Post a Comment