Okay, so I am totally in love now with craigslist. They have everything! Last weekend David and I used it to find him an apartment for next semester, I've been using it find babysitting jobs (hey, don't judge, it's good money) and now I'm seeing that they basically have everything online. Since it's free, people are advertising whatever tickles their fancy. There's also lots of people who are looking for "fancy"-ticklers, so to all you single folks out there, check craigslist!
My new favourite section, aside from the free merchandise, is the the Personals - Just Friends part. Not because I'm looking for friends myself; no, I'm fine with the 2.3 that I have now. But because there's such random stuff on it! From the adorable (daughter trying to find her mother a gentleman caller, ala Sleepless in Seattle) to the skeezy (420 friendly person looking for a dealer) to the just plain odd (gay guy looking for lesbians to out his closeted roommate) and everything in between.
Some of my other favourites are a girl looking for other people who are undergoing deep psychotherapy, for midweek "personal excavation work" which just sounds like an awesome way to spend a Wednesday night, and a guy who hates his roommate so is looking for ways to get revenge. Seriously, I'm having way too much fun with this.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think Mr. Red Paper clip started there too. I think he advertised his paper clip on craig's list.
One Red Paper Clip
I think he should be Leora's idol. I mean, he got a house! from a paper clip!
I personally think Craigslist is one of the greatest things on the internet. It's free advertising!
That is such a cool site! I like this one from the free stuff section in Tel Aviv http://telaviv.craigslist.org/zip/184530576.html
Hahaha, actually David, I just read about that guy in the newspaper today. He got his house! Though I think it took much work, with all that trading stuff. I'd rather just get a nice boyfriend who will buy me a house.
And Alona, that's a sweet message on the Tel Aviv board. Though if I were bitchy, I'd say that it's just perpetuating the stereotype that Jews are cheap, and don't give anything of any material value away for free. Luckily, I'm not bitchy.
(And I'm also kidding, because last year when I was in Jerusalem, Rivky showed me a book with phone numbers of Orthodox Jews in the city who had items that they'd either lend or give away to people who needed them. It was a nice idea.)
how cool is housing swap! http://toronto.craigslist.org/swp/ I'd do that when I have a house but I'd be scared they would damage/steal something. Anyways, this was the funniest one http://toronto.craigslist.org/swp/185439310.html
Post a Comment