Monday, September 04, 2006

Long awaited blog post

Phew, I bet that you've all been wracking your brains to think about what could be so important to keep me away from updating my blog. Have I been travelling again? Working and making lots-o-money? Been infected by some shiny happy and new type of Hepatitis? No, no and no. But just because I've been unemployed in Toronto all summer doesn't mean that I haven't been busy. I've been working on my art. Personalized grapefruit peels are going to be the best new thing since Campbell's soup cans, trust me! Okay fine, maybe not, but I'm narcissistic, so I think it's entertaining.

Luckily, I'll be starting school in just a few days, and I'll be plenty busy then. Truth be told, I'm scared shitless. Unlike undergrad, my program has only 8 new students a year, so I may have to actually stop being anti-social and talk to them. Yikes. I've been snooping around and reading up on the current grad students. They're all so fucking smart. And attractive. And ambitious. And sophisticated. I think I'm out of my league. What a bunch of overachievers. They're all going to sit around around sipping Merlot, stroking their goatees while discussing who was the more influential existentialist, Sartre or Camus. Crap. But it's okay, right? I'll be fine. I'm smart! And I'm classy! Hell, I've got sophistication coming out of my ass. (As can be seen by my eggplant-boobie pictures.)

Okay, this blog entry is streamofconsciousmakesmyheadhurtbullshit, but I promise I'll post again within the next two weeks. With money-saving tips! And perhaps corny science jokes! And if you're lucky, I'll post an update on grad school. So wish me luck. And in the meantime, enjoy drunkity-drunk-drunk photos of me, David, Alona and Oren, and one of me and pookie one the beach.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo! A blog post form Leora! I can't wait to hear about grad school. I wouldn't worry too much about the other students being glamorous and awesome. Experience tells me that everyone is grad school is a giant nerd. It will be fab.

Are you living downtown, perchance? I hope so! SOB rules.

Erin said...

Yay! Yes, Leora, you are a classy lady. :-D You'll knock 'em dead!

Anonymous said...

Leora is back! Yay! Your comrade from Jerusalem is very happy to hear that. :)

Leora said...

Haha, thanks peeps, you all rock.

Well, except for Elisabath, but that's just because she's a communist and we all know that the fucking commies don't listen to Western rock and roll music because it is American propoganda that contaminates the minds of the youth and makes them want to drink Coca-cola and have sex with Mickey Mouse. So she doesn't rock. But she sure is sweet.

And OMG Erin, how young do you look in that photo? I know that not everyone is lucky enough to find a new grey hair every time they look in the mirror and realize that granny panties really are the most comfortable kind of underwear....not that I know all this from personal experience....but egads, you look super young there! Lucky beyotch.