Making an interesting and well-thought out point in a seminar that just screams "I'm smart!" is good. Realizing that someone has already thought up that same point is less good. And seeing that a detailed and thorough analysis on the point is in your required readings that you forgot to look at really sucks. That all being said, I've been feeling good lately, less like an imposter. I'm working on a philosophy paper on the feminist critique of science, which is interesting, except I have to lug around a ton of books on feminism and those fuckers are heavy. Luckily, when I go out with David now after class, he offers to carry my bag. See, that's my idea of feminism: having my boyfriend carry my heavy books on the way to see a movie that he's going to pay for. Now that's a movement that I support!
2 comments:
Hurrah for tradition gender roles at convenient times! Hurrah for Davids!
I think I'm going to call it selective feminism. I want the man to pay for dinner, but when we stay home, I want to split the cooking equally. It may be inconsistent but it sure is fun!
Very exciting news to all former UWers. The Womyn's Centre has finally decided to spell it's name the right way. It may be mysogenist but it looks far less silly.
Post a Comment