liant paper ever, that I'm going to present it at conferences and publish it and win a Pulitzer Prize, a Nobel Prize and possibly even a Tony. Then, inevitably, I crash. I think that it must be the worst thing ever written, that it's shallow and unoriginal and that it's so obvious that I must have pulled it directly out of my ass that you'd be able to see little half-digested kernels of corn that I had for dinner last night smeared on the paper. In the process of writing, I'll vacillate back and forth between these extremes and finally settle on apathy. It's an exhausting process. Luckily I didn't have this experience with my Philosophy paper. I knew from the very beginning that it was shit. Let's see if my prof agrees with me. (And enjoy this pixilated picture of me as a seesaw. It's a metaphor. I'm real deep.)I realized that you guys can't actually hear me channeling Alice Cooper right now (count your blessings, you lucky little cherubs!) but I am so tempted to start singing "Schooooool's out...for...the summer!" Except I'd replace "summer" with "semester" because I'm cool like that. This was the most intellectually demanding four months of my life and I am spending my winter break recuperating. By that, I mean that I'm watching my illegal Star Trek DVDs and reading. Though chicken soup is considered to be Jewish penicillin, I think that the potent combination of Patrick Stewart and Thomas Friedman is the best possible cure for whatever ails nerdy vegetarians. I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah and a happy and healthy new year. For my part, I was too busy to celebrate Channukah properly (by that, I mean drinking) and I'm really tempted this celebrate Christmas by stealing a baby Jesus from a neighbour's Nativity display. I can't go to hell for that, can I?
5 comments:
Now that you are on break, do you think you could post some Nathalie Portman news?
Aaah, of course Mr. Friedman, I'm happy to oblige. Natalie Portman isn't that interesting (she's no Lindsay Lohan!) so the celeb blogs that I read compulsively don't usually write about her. As far as I know, she's just shooting a new movie with Scarlet Johansson, is back together with Gael Garcia Bernal (who I always get confused with Garbriel Garcia Marquez) and wearing really fugly purple dresses. It's all pretty boring, if you ask me. 'Tis a sad, sad day when my life is more interesting than an Oscar nominated movie star.
I still reread my Philosophy paper because I have these sudden panic attacks about citing the wrong source or no source at all.
I hope you are getting enough ME time during the break to collect yourself.
To read my blog, you will need an LJ account.
I can't go to hell for that, can I?
Not if you replace the little tyke with a nice plump eggplant. ;)
Aaah, Bronwyn, you couldn't pay me to reread my Philosophy paper. I didn't even really have sources to cite--seeing as how I pulled most of it out of my ass. I'm just so glad that it's done. Just one more Philosophy class to go! I bet that Anjan is quaking in his nice orange Pumas at the thought of having me in another class.
And Erin, you have an exceptionally good memory! Which is bad for me because I apply the three "R"s of environmentalism to how I write this blog: I reduce, reuse and recycle all my old jokes. But that doesn't mean that I still don't want to steal baby Jesus....
Post a Comment