Thursday, December 07, 2006

I wanna be a hot professor!

So my new goal in life is to be featured on Rate My Professor and get "hotness" votes, in the form of chili peppers. (Assuming of course, that I get this degree. Otherwise, I hope to get "hotness" votes on Rate My Panhandler.) Sometimes students give them out too liberally, but often, they are just right. (*meow!*)

In other news, I'm trying to decide if the title for one of my papers straddles (hahaha) the line of good-taste, or if it's okay. It's on J. Marion Sims, the Father of Gynecology who experimented on black slaves. My subtitle is "Is he the 'Architect of the Vagina' or just a dick?" Luckily, that prof is amazing and funny so I think he'll like it. Aaah, punny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you're already Hot! and Kinky!

This so isn't getting approved...

Your campus isn't overrun by commies though. You're just noticing commies more sincce I showed a slight sign of commie-ness

But I'm not! I'm an Ayn Rand-er!

Anonymous said...

Awesome title. I'm glad you get to write about sex too. Because I realized the other day that I study Tantra. I didn't mean to become someone who studies Tantra. It was totally accidental. But there we have it, and I am writing my thesis on the encoding of doctrine in Tantric erotic practice. boo-ya.

Leora said...

Your thesis sounds interesting, and I think that it'll help you with fellowships/publications because it's such a hot topic. I usually laugh when academics refer to interesting and relevant subjects as "sexy", but in your case, it is...literally!

Sadly, the only "sex" that I'm writing about is the boring kind--gender. It's funny because I've always disliked the whole women in science thing, and that's what I'm doing now. I just fell into it. At least I'm sort of anti-feminist, because frankly, they're full of shit. You're not sticking it to The Man by burning your bras, you're sticking it to your bank accounts.

And pookie, although your comment is completely inappropriate (my mom reads this blog sometimes!), I don't like being told what to do. So when you say that I won't publish your comment, you can bet your ass that I will. Now this is my version of feminism.

Erin said...

Wow, all you people studying sex - that's too cool. The only thing I get to do relating to sex is counting sperm under the microscope. *pout*

Leora said...

Pshaw Erin, that totally counts. Actually, I don't even know how much what I study actually deals with sex and how much I'm just inferring (read: making it up) because I have the maturity of a 15 year old boy.

Case in point: prof shows slides of a man with a psychosomatic disorder who can't lift his arm. Prof calls the arm "flaccid". Leora giggles uncontrollably. Leora fakes a coughing fit to mask giggles. It does not work.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm the furthest removed from studying sex.

The only time we'll hear about it is one of the nerdy profs telling us he hasn't had sex in a long time.