Anyway, it's only -10 right now but a couple days ago it was much colder and I had to do a lot of walking around campus, so I wanted to wear tights underneath my jeans to stay warm. I took out a new pair, thinking that they were plain black. But they weren't.

Yup, they have silver stars stitched all over them. My coolness level, which was already frighteningly low, dropped another 50 points when I put them on. But cold is cold and you gotta do what you gotta do. I think the last time I wore something like that when I was this old:

Aaah, I love gratuitous cute little Leora shots. Though I look a bit like Carrie in that picture, trying to use telekinetic powers to do something evil. Like maybe put Canada through a deep freeze to bring my winter back? *Mwahaha*
8 comments:
This comrade kindly requests that some snow should also fall in the lovely kingdom of Sweden where we have so far seen maybe 3 days of snow. I thought moving north meant being able to enjoy proper winter but so far it has been an utter disappointment. So I join you in singing, "Let it snow, let it snow..."
It's Scandinavia, what do you expect? G-d has already blessed them by making them tall and blonde and gorgeous, he doesn't need to give them everything.
And for the last time, get your own blog already! Or you'll be shipped off to Siberia where there's lots of snow...
I like the silver stars. They're super cool. ;-)
That wasn't a sarcastic winky smiley, right? Because I know that the wonderful and kind Erin would never be sarcastic! And you're right, they are super cool. I feel like David Bowie in them.
dude, i bet those tights bring up the coolness factor of your entire department. i think more david bowie is exactly what the history of science needs. mazel tov on your accidental coolness!
Nope, no sarcasm! I really do love the stars... in fact, I now want a pair. But remember, you're talking to a girl who's major purchase this year was a 12" remote control Dalek. :-D
Just for the record: I really don't respond well to threats, in fact, I might now go into a sulk and not get a blog just to spite you. ;) Childish, I know... And what would I write about in the blog anyway, we don't even get snow... :(
I think everyone could use a little more David Bowie in their lives. So on that note...here he is on Extras.
Erin, I'll let my mom know that you'd like a pair of tights because she bought them for me. Every single birthday and Channukah she gives me socks, underwear and booze in addition to a real present. When I was 5 years old I thought it was weird to get little bottles of vodka but now I enjoy them quite a bit.
And Elisabeth, I'm sure there's plenty to write about. Like furniture stores and Abba. You're smart, you'll think of something!
Post a Comment