Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Well, I just had to laugh, I saw the photograph

As promised, I scanned some photos from those rolls of film that I recently found. The quality isn't great but I don't know if that's because they're two years old and the film degraded or if my scanning skillz aren't up to snuff.



Me and Hanna in Petra. I miss Hanna. I also miss my black bandana. When I was on the bus from Dharamsala to New Delhi and sick with Hepatitis, I threw up outside the window a few times, (nearly hitting someone whizzing past on a motorbike) and in my confusion, forgot my bandana onboard. That bandana was with me for some good times...


Dung in front of the Dung Gate in Jerusalem. No one seems to find that funny except for me.


This is me, my Norwegian friend Marianne and the President of Israel, Moshe Katsav with his wife. He didn't make any inappropriate advances on me but I think I'm more Clinton's type anyway.

3 comments:

Hanna said...

I miss you too! I might be in Vancouver in May, that's...close. Except for where it's not.

Something is clearly wrong with your film, because I look extremely white. Like ghost white, and we all know what a horrible photographic lie that is. Must you have the stylish gypsy thing going while I stand there looking like a fangless vampire without a clue that I'm about to turn to ash?

So I went to an Annie Liebowitz exhibit last Sunday, and one of her star photos is of Susan Sontag standing right at the mouth of the Siq gorge — you know, the place right before it opens to the courtyard in front of the Treasury in Petra? Made me so nostalgic.

Leora said...

I think that Vancouver is a 6 hour flight to Toronto...same time it takes to fly to England. Canada is a big, boring country. But enjoy your visit! And that's cool about the Annie Liebowitz exhibit that you went to. I actually love her photographs, but I can't think of the last time that I went to any sort of gallery. You folks in California are much more cultured than us here in Canada.

Samantha Farbman said...

you have the funniest picture titles. oh hahah haha ho ho hum. you must visit mormontown.