The University of Toronto campus is so pretty. Much better than Waterloo's campus, where the most impressive architectural feat is a building that looks like a computer motherboard from the aerial view, and really, really ugly from the regular view.
This is Old Vic, my office is located on the third floor. Come by and say hello sometime! And bring sushi. I love how beautiful everything here is, but it's a bit over the top. I don't need these opulent marble washrooms, my bladder is not that discerning. I'd rather have the money go to something more worthwhile...like my bank account.


This is where I spend most of my time, the graduate student common room. I find it hard to study at my desk, so I'm usually sitting (or lying) on the couch. There are bookshelves galore and a funny little statue that we decorate depending on the season. Now he's holding a wand...I'm not sure why. But we here in the History of Science are cool that.
9 comments:
nice digs, bizatch. when i am a fellow doctoral student in just a few short months, i will be at your office all of the time. you will have to have the security peeps drag me away screaming. but what are friends for, right?
Fo'shizo. I can't wait! I think we should make people call us Dr. Leora and Dr. Lydia. And we should have those e-mail signatures that say that we're PhD candidates. No wait, that's a bit too much...only losers are that pretentious. (*cough* My brother Fred *cough*)
Nice! Going to an old school is pretty cool. I hope UofT has done a better job of retrofitting the buildings with heating than Strathclyde has... it's damn cold in an industrial revolution era building!
But hey, UW had some interesting buildings. The submarine, the math building (okay, not pretty, but I'm pretty sure it was some cold war era maze experiment), oh, and those trippy acid-inspired tunnels that went from SCH to the arts buildings.
I tried to stay away from the Arts buildings when I was in Waterloo. Hagey Hall is a weird, weird building, and I took it as a sign that people in the Humanities are just a little off. And look where I am now! *Sob*
Maybe your little mascot statue is carrying a wand right now because someone is really really looking forward to the new Harry Potter coming out this summer? I guess that's what cool people in the History of Science would do (but then I don't know what makes people who are even remotely connected with science tick...). With explicitly non-scientific greetings, a comrade from the Humanities department
Nope, we here in the History of Science are too erudite to like the Harry Potter books/movies. They're too....plebian. But we were joking about getting a department monkey. Or maybe a transgenic mouse.
Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
I've already pre-ordered the new Harry Potter book. Gonna get my plebeian on. :D
yeah, home girl, we should totally get people to call us Dr. Yo.
You never post my comments. Mamma Bear is sad.
Post a Comment