Monday, June 18, 2007

Boozy Bereskin



Over the past few months I've been building up my liquor cabinet. It's not a cabinet in the strictest sense of the word, considering that I've just put the bottles on a bookshelf, but I figure that when they're out in the open, they're easier to access. I would like to thank my wonderful brother Fred for going to the Duty Free and bringing me something each time he comes to visit from Rochester. He's my booze-mule.

And I put up my favourite old teddy-bear on an adjacent bookshelf to stand guard. That may not be wise considering how often he imbibes in that which he should be protecting. Either that, or the alcohol evaporates. Of course.

In other news, I've noticed that I've been swearing a lot in my blog posts lately. I think it's because I've been watching Six Feet Under on tv-links. It's a fantastic show but I think every other word is a profanity. I'll try to cut down, if only to preserve the meaning behind "fucking Commie".

Edited to add - I'm still making my way through that dreadful James Patterson book and it just keeps on getting worse. My favourite line of the day? The villain goes into a diner and orders a cup of coffee, "black as my heart." It is so painfully bad. Please, kill me now.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Hee hee! I recognize those books! Wow, I'm having a UW flashback!

Gold rum? Leora my dear, you need to switch to black rum (mmmn mmmn MMmn - so good!).

Leora said...

Yup, I don't even know why I still have them. I keep on telling myself that they're handy as reference books, but the real reason is that I can't bear to get rid of something that cost $100+ which was used for only one semester.

And black rum, eh? I don't believe I've had the pleasure, though now that you've suggested it... I like my spiced rum, especially with pineapple or mango juice. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this comment is better suited to when I chat with you tonight, but let me know what you'd like for my next visit - I should come in about a month...

Leora said...

See readers? I'm blessed. So very blessed. And in need of a bottle of cheap tequila so that I don't go through my pure agava stuff.

Anonymous said...

I thought "Boozy Bearskin" would have been a good title for your funny posting. Yes, the family is indeed grateful to older bro for his duty free duties. Next year we will have 2 contributors. Good quality Tequila sounds like a wonderful idea.