Sunday, July 06, 2008

Just imagine a clever, punny title

Sunday afternoon is a time for lazing around. For leisurely sipping coffee with the sountrack to Les Mis playing in the background. It's not the time for serious blogging. Hence this half-assed picture post.
I hosted a party last night (pictures to follow!) and used my mom's old fruit trick. I carved a watermelon into a basket and filled it with strawberries and pineapple. It looks impressive and is super-easy. The only thing is that now I have tons of watermelon left over, and I hate watermelon. It's like celery: almost totally lacking in taste and flavour. I don't know why anyone bothers to eat either one.

When I said that I was listening to my Les Mis soundtrack, I really meant that I was singing along. Loudly. And off key. I'll know that I've met my perfect match when I can find someone to play Javert to my Jean Valjean in "The Confrontation". Or, more aptly, Valjean to my Javert. Which means that I'll probably have to marry a gay man who is similarly passionate about musicals.
And speaking of gays...last week was Pride. I haven't gone to the parade in years, but I'm sad that I didn't make it up to Church Street at all. Luckily, Pride came to me, in the form of the CN Tower being lit up in the rainbow colours. It was awesome.
In a past life, my mother must have been a boy scout. Because despite the fact that she was just going away for a weekend at a hotel resort, she brought three big flashlights. Plus two more little ones that she keeps in her purse at all times.
Our washing machine broke down so my roommate just got this super-awesome front loader. Besides the fact that it's energy efficient (fuck Al Gore, I'm just excited about my lower hydro-bill), it's so far provided me with hours of entertainment. There's something hypnotic about watching my laundry spin.

No comments: