Thursday, April 16, 2009

On the eighth day of Pessach

Happy Passover to my dreidel spinning friends! I'm excited that today is the last day. I ran out of matzah and other Kosher for Pessach foods, so I stopped by three grocery stores and couldn't find anything. Three grocery stores! One was a big one. And after having no luck asking various people in the aisles (I think they worked there...) I went to the Customer Service desk, where I was informed that they did have Passover food, but, and I quote, "it was really funny -- we totally sold out on the first day!"

Hahaha, yes, that is HILARIOUS!! I haven't laughed this much in years! You know what's even funnier? Kids with cancer! Sorry if I offended anyone with that, I don't mean to trivialize my experiences by comparing them to those of cancer kids. But seriously, what can you do, when everyone is obviously anti-semitic? What I did, of course -- my mom surprised me by dropping off matzah, figs, apples and grapefruit. She's awesome.

In other news, I was telling someone about how much I want to see a Civil War Reenactment, but unfortunately, I don't live in a Confederate state. Anyway, I started googling "war reenactment" and "Toronto" and found this awesome group called the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada. (I'm not linking in case they actually see this post, because those guys may be old, but they sure look cranky. And I'm not sure if their 1812 era rifles are totally rusted, or if a bullet could get through.)

Apparently you can "rent-a-regiment"! Both of my best friends are getting married soon (not to each other), and I wonder if I should have a regiment at their bachelorette parties. It would be unique! I wonder if they strip.

No comments: