And by that, I mean that my roommate got me a keffiyeh. It's pink and white, and although it's very pretty, I think it makes me look like Yasser Arafat.
It's not like I'm a rabid Zionist or anything, but I think wearing a keffiyeh, the symbol of Palestinian solidarity, might be a bit inappropriate. Especially because I look so unmistakably Jewish and I'm worried that people on the street will think that I'm one of those keffiyeh kinderlach. But on the other hand, the colour and pattern looks really good with my complexion. So I don't know yet if I'm going to wear it. Aaaah, decisions, decisions. At least I know that I wouldn't look good with a Toothbrush moustache!
1 comment:
What's with everyone suddenly wearing keffiyahs these days any way? I find it very annoying because I can no longer tell whether people are making a fashion statement or a political statement. So I mostly assume the latter and frown on them for it..
Post a Comment