Thursday, June 25, 2009

The blog post in which I expose my fundamentalist beliefs

For the past few days, I've been watching a spider spin a web against the exterior glass of my bedroom window. Now spiders don't usually scare me, but this one is enormous.

For scale, compare it to the CN Tower. See, it's enormous!

But each time I think about opening my window to break the web, I stop myself. As a die hard vegetarian, I not only don't want to kill animals, I also don't want to impair their quality of life. So if ruin its web, I'll effectively be making it homeless. Then it might have to turn tricks on Jarvis just to make ends meet.

Okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but I'm worried that it's a mommy spider and it's building the web so that it can have a place for its babies. And I really don't want to interfere with that. As long as they don't get into my apartment, I think I'll leave it be...

No comments: