
I love this statue. It just perfectly expresses what it's like to be a grad student. I had walked by it for months without paying attention, but a few months ago, when I was having an awful day, I finally saw it. I mean, really saw it.
There's just something about university that makes you want to curl up into a little ball and cry.
In other news, I've started to TA! It's exciting. My students seem like real keeners but I'll try not to hold that against them. They better laugh at my science jokes or I'll fail them all.
10 comments:
That statue is how I feel right about now >.<
Love the update on your blog! Vera nice!
Thanks! What I lack in your html skills, I make up for in time. I'll do anything but school work. I hope you feel better soon! Watch Star Trek!!
Love the blog make-over. Way to show off your nerd skillz!
I am also a long-time fan of that statue. Except that I *may* have always figured that it was portraying autofellatio...
p.s. I also *L.O.V.E. heart* the fact that you've taken the time to go back and label all of your posts. And with witty names. You make me want to aspire to higher formatting principles...
Autofellatio, eh? Maybe at the Waterloo campus. But this is U of T. Over here, people actually sleep with other people!
Ugh, that one. I would always take the long way around campus just to avoid it.
No way! I love it, it's such a downer.
A bit of history about the statue...it stands in front of Rochdale College which was a den of iniquity and revolution when all of your tired, graying parents (including myself)were young and idealistic
Ironically, the former Rochdale building is now seniors' apartments..
Ironically, the former Rochdale building is now apartments for seniors.
Also I would like to note that the Rochdale connection rather supports my theory on what this statue is portraying..
Post a Comment