Wednesday, May 28, 2008

And I thought I was the one with relatives from Transylvania...

I've been very lucky. All my roommates, up to this point, have either been vegetarian, Halal-observant or too incompetent to cook anything more complex than a Lean Cuisine entree. So until this morning, I have never had to deal with the horror that is a sink full of bloody steaks.

I've been vegetarian since I was 7, so I've always had a low tolerance for this kind of thing. Plus my family is kosher, so they buy meat treated with salt to remove blood.

So it boggles my mind why anyone other than a vampire would see blood (red, red blood) and think "Yum!"

But I should have known that my roommates, while still fabulous and wonderful, weren't quite like me. One day I came home and found this on the kitchen table:


I'm scared.

No comments: