Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm a primary source, motherfuckers!!

I googled myself yesterday (just to make sure that this blog doesn't show up, not because I'm narcisistic...yeah...) and saw that my name is cited in a journal article on anti-Semitism on Canadian university campuses.

I have no idea what the article says, but I imagine that it relates to one of the pieces that I wrote for the Canadian Jewish News when I was in undergrad. I wrote a bit about what it's like to be Jewish in a decidedly un-Jewish environment, kinda like Northern Exposure except instead of being set in Alaska with quirky locals, I was in Waterloo with kinky professors.

But since I can't get the article online, not even through university e-resources, I have no idea how it references me. I'm almost tempted to go to the library and crawl through the journal stacks, but do I even really want to know what it says? What if it's an academic study of self-important individuals who only write articles to see their name in the paper? And would that really bother me? Because I'm a primary source!! Boo-yeah!

No comments: