I saw two girls wearing flip-flops today. Flip-flops. In late October.
Now for those of you who aren't fortunate enough to live in Toronto, let me explain something about our weather. There's the old joke that we have only two seasons: winter and construction. But Toronto weather, like the city itself, is actually very complex and constantly evolving.
Right now, it's autumn. But not merely autumn, autumn stage 3. Which is why it's so ridiculous that there are people out there wearing flip-flops. Here's a guide.
Autumn stage 1: Still basking in the memory, if not the actual temperature, of summer. Wear a sweater or light jacket.
Autumn stage 2: It starts to get cooler. Resign yourself to a fall jacket, but defiantly leave it unbuttoned.
Autumn stage 3: It's cold. Fucking cold. Fuck pride, you're wearing your fall jacket, buttoned up, perhaps even with a scarf on. Next stop? Winter!
As you can all see, this is not the time to wear flip-flops. I nearly stopped them on the street and asked them if they wanted to catch hypothermia. But then I realized that I'm not my mother, and that a far more Leora thing to do would be to write a catty blog post. So here we go. But seriously. Flip-flops?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm wearing flip flops... and I live north of 7!
;)
Craziness!
Post a Comment