It took me about 7 seconds of watching Tears for Fears' music video for Head Over Heels to recognize that it was shot in the Emmanuel College library. So tell me, dear reader, what makes me nerdier: my familiarity with Toronto libraries, or my love of new wave music? Feel free to say both. And here's a literal interpretation of the video.
It snowed again today. Fear not, this blog will not become a lamer, whinier version of the weather channel. But that's the great thing about blogs, right? They provide an insight into the boring details of someone's daily life. That's why I love them.
Case in point: Hurley from Lost has a personal blog and just posted pictures from his pumpkin-carving party. He invited some of his co-stars, including the actors who play Sawyer and Ben. There's something kind of awesome about seeing evil, evil Ben carving a Halloween pumpkin. But that's what blogs are for! If eyes are the window to the soul, blogs are the window to minutiae. And to demonstrate that point, I'll tell you all that I bought 6 grapefruits for $2 in Chinatown today.
In other news, I'm going to the opera this weekend. I vacillated between Mozart's Don Giovanni and Prokofiev's War and Peace. I decided on the latter, because at 3 hours and 45 minutes, it was the best bang for my buck. When I checked last month, the runtime was 4 hours 10 minutes, so they seem to have shaved half an hour off somewhere. I feel cheated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
where does "watching the video and trying to hear the real lyrics in my head" fall on the nerdy spectrum?
I can't wait for Lost to start again! I may have to re-watch the last season in order to build up anticipation. And I *heart* Ben!
p.s. Mustafa is in NYC!
I had a bad day and reading your quirky blog put me in a better mood. You blog is the Prozac of blogs.
Post a Comment