Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Celebrity in our midsts

The Rothberg International School of Hebrew University has many celebrities as students. Quite a few spelling bee champions, a well known chess player. I, myself, won the 7th grade science fair.

But someone has come to our school for a semester who shades all our accomplishments. Nathalie Portman. See her profile at: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000204/ Very famous, very pretty, and most importantly, very rich. Fred, I think that you guys would be a great match. I'll put in a good word for you.

She's in quite a few of my friends' classes, and apparently is very nice but quiet. Everyone by now seems to have a story that has to do with her...except for me. My roommates Samantha and Lydia have a class with her, and learned from chatting in class breaks that she is pretty left wing, and really knows her stuff. My friend Marnie was with her when she broke the printer. And my ex-roommate Silje gave her a cigarette once...despite her saying in interviews that she doesn't smoke! Scandelous.

I, personally, don't really care that she's here. I haven't talked with her, and I don't have much of a desire to do so just because she's famous. I already have one famous friend (and Sophie's CD just came out, so be sure to buy it everyone!) and that's enough for me.

But I do think that its fun that we have a movie star is our midsts. Maybe she'll introduce me to Brad Pitt. Or she did her undergrad at Harvard, so maybe she knows Jonathan Taylor Thomas!! One can only dream...

No comments: