Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Jordan this weekend!

I am finally going to Petra, Jordan this weekend, with my wonderful roommate Samantha, wonderful friend Marnie, and always wonderful traveling buddy Hanna! Petra, for those who don't know, is basically a 2000 year old city that is carved in rock, that is supposed to be absolutely stunning. See some pictures here:
http://www.cynet.com/Jesus/prophecy/petra.htm

And of course, when I come back, I'll post my own pics! Petra is where Indiana Jones was filmed, and according to my roommate Lydia, almost every camel or donkey of the local Beddouins is called Indiana Jones.

We might swing by Saudi Arabia for part of a day on our ride back to Israel, if we can get properly modest clothes, because I think it would be a trip. (And now I'll know if my mother actually reads my blog, if I get a shrill telephone call, forbidding me to go there. Good times!)

No comments: