Thursday, November 11, 2004

A few random notes before the weekend...

Since Israel makes Friday and Saturday its weekend, with Sunday like every other day, I won't be able to do any updates for the next little while. But I wanted to end on a positive note.

First of all, we just watched The Jazz Singer in my Modern Jewish History class. This was the first time that I've ever seen it, and I really enjoyed it. But what I enjoyed even more is that I finally got that Simpsons episode where we find out that Krusty the Clown is really Herschel Schmoeckel Krustofski! "Rabbi disowns his son, who decides to become an entertainer rather than follow in his father's footsteps." The whole concept was based on The Jazz Singer, and I never really got that until now! The Simpsons is so deep. It has so many different levels. Almost makes me want to learn more history, philosophy, movies, literature, etc. to be able to appreciate its depth. Almost.

And when I googled the episode to try to find out how to spell Krusty's real name, I saw this quote, and found it funny:

Krusty: *says a prayer in Hebrew*
Homer: Hee! Hee! Hee! He talks funny talk.
Lisa: No Dad, that was Hebrew. Krusty must be Jewish.
Homer: A Jewish entertainer!?

And finally, here are a couple absolutely terrible jokes that I just found. My sense of humor is pretty bad, and when even I think jokes are corny, you know they must be pretty extreme. (Although the last one is moderately amusing, I have to admit).

If College Students Wrote the Bible:

Creation: Instead of G-d creating the world in six days and resting on the seventh, He would have put it off until the night before it was due and then pulled an all-nighter.
Reason Cain killed Abel: They were roommates.
Reason Moses and followers walked in the desert for 40 years: They didn't want to seem like freshmen by asking directions.
The Ten Commandments: They would actually be only five -- double-spaced and written in a large font.

No comments: