Sunday, September 25, 2005


I'm going back though my files and reposting some of my favourite pictures. This is me with my fantastic, sexy and funny (!) roommate Jessica dressed up as Orthodox boys. We used a curling iron to make our payes and fueled on by the spirit of Judaism (and possibly vodka, although I think it was sacramental vodka) we danced around our apartment to Shlomo Carlebach music. Aaaah, memories. I miss Jerusalem, and the wonderful friends that I made there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made my life! that says a lot too, when you put up such a terribly humiliating picture! but who am i kidding? only normal people would be emberassed by that. i love out peyas and i wish i spoke yiddush and lived in mea shearim. i miss how you smoke hookah and a multitude of other leora-isms. thank you for remembering me, and thank you for showing signs of life.
much loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and cant wait for our reunion!

Anonymous said...

you made my life! that says a lot too, when you put up such a terribly humiliating picture! but who am i kidding? only normal people would be emberassed by that. i love out peyas and i wish i spoke yiddush and lived in mea shearim. i miss how you smoke hookah and a multitude of other leora-isms. thank you for remembering me, and thank you for showing signs of life.
much loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and cant wait for our reunion!

Leora said...

Oh, yes, I completely forgot about how I insisted on smoking hookah in a sanitary way (I didn't want to pick up your germs!) and had my own seperate mouthpiece. And then I went to India and got Hepatitis. How's that for irony? I miss how you'd drink orange juice and vodka in a water bottle because we didn't have enough cups! Living in Mea Shearim...one can only dream.

Avi said...

Jerusalem is waiting for you. Come back! Canadian aliya!

-Avi

And you added comments, you've just made my day. (But perhaps finishing ulpan today did, if I passed. RAMAH HAY! None of that wimpy BET stuff)!

Leora said...

Hey, you're in "hay"!! Congratulations! Or as my people say "Mazel tov"! You must be thrilled.

But I don't think that I'll be moving back to Jerusalem anytime soon. They don't have good sushi restaurants, and frankly, I have my priorities. Although it's great to see you!! And now I finally have your blog url again and therefore will be quasi-knowledgable about Israeli politics and world current events. You, on the other hand, will learn a great many things from my blog that have absolutely no relevance to your daily life. Would you care for a science joke?