
Despite being a bit of a Jew, I absolutely love Christmas. It's probably my favourite time of year. I love watching It's a Wonderful Life on television, and drinking eggnog, and singing Christmas carols, and driving around the city looking at the lights. Last year I spent Christmas Eve in Bethlehem with Lydia at midnight mass, probably one of the coolest things that I've ever done. I have a great deal of respect for worshipping Christians and enjoy talking to people who have deep spiritual and religious beliefs.
That all being said, some of my of Waterloo neighbours have put up nativity scenes on their front yards, and I have such an urge to steal all the baby Jesuses and replace them with eggplants. Does that make me a bad person?
6 comments:
I was really just impressed by the size of that scene. They must have spent hours setting all of that up. It was really cool though. :)
Post the picture that we took there! of the 2 of us :) (I'm hoping others will chime in and encourage it)
Two best things about Xmas:
1. Egg Nog
2. Boxing Day sales (woo!)
Speaking of christmas, this is hilarious.
Picture #2 is particularly excellent. I think it completely reflects the essence of Christmas.
Greedy punk, I post one picture, and now you want the whole blog to be about you! But fine, fine, I will. I'm just not going to change its name from the "Wandering Jew" to the "David-Dating Jew".
That being said, pre-Christmas shopping is absolutely awful, probably worse than a Chinese torture chamber. Today my friend suggested that we go to Yorkdale. Yikes.
And I love that site. Picture #7 reminds me of this very Christmas-y game. My mom always took us to sit on Santa's lap. We're great Jews.
LOL @ the scared of Santa site... love it!
I think your eggplant idea is a good one, Leora. In fact, I think I'll put an eggplant in our nativity scene.
We just got a new nativity scene a couple of years ago, and mom packed away the old one. I was a little depressed because our new one is just plain white figures on a dark wood base.
Our old one was cool because it had an actual stable-like thing around it that we used to staple cedar to, and baby Jesus was dressed in pink... he kind of looked like a little baby hippy. Peace man! ;-) And, our old one was multicultural too, with a black wiseman!
Post a Comment