Saturday, December 17, 2005



My brother and I just played an awesome game of sibling-love chicken, and I, of course, kicked his skinny-little-white-boy ass! Now, playing chicken, according to Wikipedia, is "when two players engage in an activity that will result in serious harm unless one of them backs down." Such as, driving towards a cliff, and the first one to swerve away is the chicken. Since Freddy is almost allergic to any show of familial affection (I think he's more likely to shake my hand than to give me a hug), we started to play a game of chicken that was based on which sibling could be the most loving and sweet. A little fucked up, but every family is different, right?

So, like, anyway, it started off innocently enough with us ending our MSN conversations with a heart or kiss emoticon. It then progressed into winks, and saying "I love you!" I decided to go all out, so today, I sent him an e-card with sappy music and a poem about how he's so wonderful. Plus, I put a picture of him up on my MSN display with hearts all around it. By this stage, my mother was getting freaked out by our "incestuous" behaviour and was worried that we'd have to be Alabama because only there would our love (and mutant, inbred, three-armed baby) be really accepted. But luckily, Fred backed down and I won! Woohoo!! I rule. Last time we played something like this, I used my favourite line ever, paraphrased from the Family Guy:
Leora - "Hey Freddy, knock knock"
Fred, reluctantly - "Who's there?"
Leora - "It's your sister Leora, and she's always going to be there for you!"
Aaah, and now I can go back to insulting him again. Being nice, even when I'm joking, can really exhausting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, which one is your boyfriend? They look kind of similar.

Leora said...

Well, I don't necessarily think that David and Fred look very much alike.

In fact, they don't even have a whole lot in common, except for the ability to do complex math in their heads, and that they both think that I'm the most beautiful and wonderful girl in the world. But in terms of physical appearance, I don't see the resemblance. Maybe at one time when they did, but after Freddy started to get those boils, then the leprosy, and finally the bubonic plague, any physical resemblance went away fast.

Anonymous said...

Fred, it's a good thing you gave up. Leora had the next stages planned out and they were not pretty.
Luckily for you though, Leora doesn't like to spend her money, so you wouldn't be recieving a dozen roses at your doorstep.

Leora said...

Although I love Freddy so much, since he is the best big brother in the world, and even though he can be an arrogant prick, I think it's good to be self-confident, and even though he is super-boring, especially when he's talking about politics or investing, it really cures my insomnia, and even though he makes really stupid jokes and never laughs at mine, at least he has a sense of humour, warped as it may be, and even though he can be a real asshole to everyone from his loving sister to his waiter at a restaurant, I admire his assertivenes because he is so wonderful in so many ways....(Phew!)....

I love money more. So I didn't splurge on the dozen roses. But I won anyway. Take that, bastard!!

Anonymous said...

Hey the game wasn't fair at the start since u mentioned Fred is "allergic" to familial attention... isn't it obvious that you would win?

Leora said...

Dearest Alona, we've been best friends for 11 or 12 years now--when are you going to fucking learn that I'm always right?! Sheesh. Do you think that I liked showering Fred with love and attention and compliments? NO! It was hard on me also, but I stuck with it and won fair and square. So gag me with a pitchfork and back me up.