Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Politicking nitpicking

Since my last update, I've been on my best behaviour, and haven't been judging, bitching, or doing anything else that could land me in Hell. As I result, I haven't had anything to blog about in the past week. So I'm going to take a little break from being spiritual and let it all hang out.

The Canadian election is coming up, and it's just a tiny bit different from the one in the States. Gilles Duceppe's teenage daughter isn't knocked up, and Jack Layton hasn't called his wife the "c" word (conservative). Stephen Harper isn't connected to a nutty preacher and Stéphane Dion is pretty damn boring, even by Canadian standards.

In fact, the most interesting thing about this election is that, for the first time in my life, I'm voting NDP. This has less to do with me having a total change of heart (or growth of one, depending on your perspective) and becoming a Commie, and more to do with the fact that I'm now living in a swing riding, where either a Liberal or NDP can be elected. Trinity-Spadina's current MP is Olivia Chow, wife of NDP leader Jack Layton. But in the 2004 election, a Liberal won. And we can't have that, can we?

I was just talking with someone about Olivia Chow and how I saw a television special which showed her bathroom. I couldn't recall the details, but youtube told me that it was about how she pimped out her house to make it more ecologically friendly, rather than a feature on her toilet. Nevertheless, years later, I remembered the weird arm-things that she has in her shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shame and double shame and triple shame for voting NDP. Did you learn nothing in your home? Where did you get your twisted ideas?