
I apologize to you, loyal readers, for not updating my blog last week. It's not because I was too busy, or because I don't love you anymore (except in Fred's case). I didn't update because we don't have an internet connection at home right now. (Alert Amnesty International: this is real human-rights abuse!) Luckily Sana and I should be getting it sometime this week. And in the meantime, I'm in Toronto to celebrate Sophie's birthday so I can post a little.
The rest of my Seattle trip was so wonderful. David and I had a great time at the Aquarium, the Experience Music Project, the Sci-Fi Museum, and even just wandering around the streets of Seattle. It's a beautiful city.
And speaking of beautiful...we went over to my fabulous former roommate Samantha's house on Saturday night for dinner. Sammy and I shared a room last year at Hebrew University and so it was nice to see her again and meet her boyfriend, brother and his girlfriend. Samantha decided to tell David "embarassing" stories about me from last year, like how I'd reuse teabags 15 times and how I'd take uncancelled stamps off of envelopes. But of course he knows about my frugality (read: cheapass-ness). I'm not ashamed of it--I flaunt it all the time! (By the way, excuse the craptastic picture.) Samantha's an astoundingly talented photographer so you should all run, not walk, to check out her website.Anyway, I'll be posting more later. I can't stand dissapointing my loyal readers--yes, both of you!
8 comments:
Leora, how am I supposed to live vicariously through you if you don't update your blog regularly? If you don't get more reliable with your updates, I might have to find someone else to cyber-stalk.
I see absolutely no mention of my french toast or the crepes.
No, loyal Leora readers, I did not make french toast. That's very outside my skills.
We went to Fremont accidentally (I didn't know where I was going) and we found the most amazing restaurant ever. Seriously. I don't know the name of it, but it was so fantastic.
Leora and I had the most amazing dishes ever. I had french toast stuffed with blueberry and pecan nuts.
Leora had Crepes with Goat cheese, scambled eggs and 2 other things. I think it was onions and tomatoes. Leora, back me up on this one.
Anyhow, my meal was quite possibly the best breakfast I've ever eaten.
Now, we were very torn whether or not to go eat there. There was some sort of line so we decided to walk around a bit and found a conveyor belt sushi place. We almost went there but luckily decided not to.
Leora has since said that she would have killed me had I said we should eat there. :)
Leora, we should have taken pictures of the food!! (Yes, it took me 2 weeks to realize this)
On the topic of Food in Seattle, My roommate and I saw the most Leora-centric license plate that I've seen.
It said EGG PLNT :) We tried to take a picture but the bastard sped up and changed lanes... We have a fuzzy picture of it now.
Leora, did he treat you well???
the sushi place with the conveyor belt in freemont, aka Blue C Sushi is, hands down, no close cometitor the BEST restaurant in SEATTLE, and the BEST sushi (albeit I am a vegetarian) EVER of all time. TSK TSK Leora. I eat there whenever I can. It's perfection. side note : it was nice to see you, my brother and boyfriend all enjoyed meeting you.
the sushi place with the conveyor belt in freemont, aka Blue C Sushi is, hands down, no close cometitor the BEST restaurant in SEATTLE, and the BEST sushi (albeit I am a vegetarian) EVER of all time. TSK TSK Leora. I eat there whenever I can. It's perfection. side note : it was nice to see you, my brother and boyfriend all enjoyed meeting you.
Ugh, my internet connection is still down. It sucks to be me because I can't reply immediately to all the wonderful people who comment (and to David).
Lyds: I know exactly what you mean--when you don't update your blog for a few days (usually for a very stupid reason, like your boyfriend is in town or you have a monster Sanskrit exam) I still check out your blog like 20 times a day. But if you wanted someone else to stalk, may I suggest Patrick Stewart? He lives in the same country as you--wouldn't you love to just sit outside his window?
David: I can make French Toast...but not like that. Seriously, it looked great, and my crepe was the best thing ever. I'm ignoring Sammy's comments down below--what we had was way better than that yuppy sushi place. And I love the eggplant license plate! I'm tempted to get one like that. Except I don't have a car, nor am I planning on buying one for the next 10 years (after I have at least 2 houses).
Mamma Bear: No, no he didn't. He never does.
Samantha: Crap! I love suuuuushi but I find that while good sushi is the best thing in the world, mediocre or bad sushi is almost inedible. In Toronto there's basically only one place that I'll go, Sushi on Bloor, which the lovely Lydia introduced me to. It's great food, huge portions, and super cheap. I don't like walking into a random sushi restaurant because I find that the quality is so variable. Far more than any other type of food. But if I ever go back to Seattle, I'll definitely try it. I trust your opinion, because obviously you have great taste in roommates.
"...like how I'd reuse teabags 15 times..."
hey I thought you still do that.
[hehehe and as I was just going to submit this right now.. I noticed your blog username and password is saved here *devil*]
Hey....don't judge Sana! It saves money!
Post a Comment