Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sleepless in Seattle

So I flew into "sunny" Seattle on late Wednesday night and so far, I've been having an absolutely lovely time. Just for the record, David and I have not killed each other yet...in fact, I don't think that we're even sick of spending time together. Yes, I know that this comes as a shock to all of you who know and love me (Fred?) but I've finally found someone who can tolerate all my craziness. Yay!!

There's not so much to report--we went out to this wonderful Italian restaurant last night, and seriously, I had the best ever pizza. It had pesto and goat cheese and artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes....ohmygosh, it was orgasmic. Tonight we're going out again (I decided not to cook for him after all) and I'm trying to pick a restaurant. Bill Gates, in all his benevolence, gives his employees something called the Prime Card that offers amazing discounts to museums, attractions and restaurants around Seattle. So most places have a 2 for 1 deal going on that I, in all my cheapness, might want to use.

And of course, there's David's magic eggplant. He, being the perfect boy that he is, decided to cook my favourite vegetable for me. Except David has never cooked before in his life (Kraft Dinner doesn't count!) I was expecting it to be awful. I was almost going to fake another bout of Hepatitis just to get out of eating it. But seriously, it was the best thing ever. I'm amazed. David's a chef-idiot-savante! (As compared to me, who is just an idiot).

So that's it so far, I'll post more updates later, and I'll try to think of something other than food to write about. Luckily, I'll have lots of material because we're going to the Sci-Fi Museum, Aquarium or Underground Tour, and then, seeing my wonderful, beautiful fabulous former roommate Samantha. Yay!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As some may notice, some of the eggplant wedges are not really wedges, but more of a squarish type of thing.
This is because I believed that eggplants had a core that I could not see so I decided to cut them out.

If anyone wants to challenge Iron Chef David, in Kitchen Stadium (Redmond), I accept!
So long as the secret ingredient is eggplant...
:)

Also, Seattle is sunny today! Blindingly sunny.

Leora said...

Oh yeah, I should have elaborated on the "idiot" part of the chef-idiot-savante title...

There was the issue with the invisible eggplant core, of course, but my personal favourite David-ism is when he kindly offered to cook me eggplant but wasn't sure what day to do it, because he didn't think that food could keep for more than one day. I (gently) explained that if you put something in the fridge then it can last a little while. That was awesome. And yet, for all that I make fun of him, his eggplant is so fan-fucking-tastic! Go figure.

Anonymous said...

That was such a lovely picture of the Bill Gates Hotel. It calmed my mind. You rock Bill Gates!!! That eggplant looked lovely plus I enjoyed the joyous look on Leora's face. Baby Bear looks very happy.

Anonymous said...

I bet the food wasn't the only thing that was orgasmic.

You look so sexy!

Leora said...

Thanks Eema, and yes, the Bill Gates Hotel is wonderful. It's a well-kept secret, so if nothing shows up on google, that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Of course.

And thanks Anonymous, you rock!! I am a shameless compliments whore. Yay!