Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm not one of those people who needs to announce to the world that I liked Judd Apatow before it was popular to like Judd Apatow. You guys already know that I have excellent taste. So even mentioning it might make you lesser mortals feel jealous.

But the fact of the matter is that before The Forty Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up, there were his TV shows Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared, both of which I liked a lot. They're not perfect (meaning, they're not Lost) but they have some great moments. Like this one, which stars the delightfully nebbish Neal (a Geek) trying to pick up Lindsay (a Freak). I even uploaded it on youtube because I kept on watching it again and again. Enjoy!


Also, the COC's new opera is From the House of the Dead, which is based on the novel by Dostoyevsky and is set in a Siberian prison camp. I'm not a huge fan of modern opera (or opera in general, for that matter. I'm a ballet girl) but I'm tempted to go see it. Apparently the supernumeraries are naked men fornicating (or appearing to fornicate) onstage. Plus the music is haunting. Almost like Kol Nidre. If it weren't a sin to fornicate on Yom Kippur. Or a sin for men to fornicate at all. Heck, it's probably a sin to even write this blog post! But here's a clip of the opera.

No comments: