Thursday, February 07, 2008

I know I've been blogging at an alarmingly frequent rate lately, but I just got a new camera, and the snow is so pretty in Toronto, that I decided to do a picture post!
One of the most serious problems plaguing Canadian society today is the use of child labour for snow shovelling. I'm just kidding. But look at those little red, cherubic cheeks. My heart, it melts.
As I was taking this picture, a car sped past and splashed me with snow and slush. I was not amused.
I don't really have anything to say about this picture, except for "pretty!"
Canadian children are made of tough stuff. They're out in the playground, rain or shine, snow or...dry?
Canadian adults, on the other hand, are wimps. The sidewalk along the CBC building was roped off and "Danger, Falling Ice" signs were put up. Seriously though, when was the last time someone was impaled by an icicle?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, Ling-Ling. They remind me of childhood times, building snow-men and going down scary hills on a toboggan. Gung hey fat choy!

Anonymous said...

This, to me, is basically hell. Hell is not fire and brimstone, my people, oh no. Hell is cold. Biting, numbing, oh-my-god-I-can't-feel-my-legs cold. Kill me. As you'll recall, Leora, Jerusalem in December was almost too much for me, and really that was just rain.

Watch. The Foreign Service is going to send me to Siberia.

Leora said...

Go Hanna!! What awesome news! I think that this means you should start up a blog again. I'll help with the title. Maybe the Diplomatic Diplomat? Or perhaps just I'll Never Pay a Parking Ticket Again. Mazel tov!!

And you get used to the cold...after 24 or so years.

Erin said...

It's winter in Ontario
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 52 below!
Oh, how I love Ontario
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Ontario,
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

(not by me)

Leora said...

Erin, great poem, but what's up with the 70 miles per hour bit? It should be 112.65 KPH. We're in Canada, we use the metric system!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Leora, I just meant that I'd jinxed myself now and if I get in, they'll probably send me somewhere really cold. I'm not in yet. :( But I should be hearing news within a week or two.

A foreign service blog is a great idea. The thing about Jerusalem was that I had interesting stuff to talk about, whereas right now if I had a blog, it'd be about how many times I fell off my skateboard and how lame the new law banning beer on the beach is.