Thursday, December 16, 2004

Random Israel Links

My friend Alona just told me about the "Kotel Cam", a camera that films the Kotel, or Western Wall, so that it can be watched live 24 hours a day on the internet. Too cute. Alona suggested that the next time I go to the Kotel, I call her to go on the website and see me waving to her. I'll wave a big Canadian flag so that it's easier to see me. And yes, I have enough of a lack of modesty, decorum or respect for holy sites to get me to do it. Check out the website! http://www.aish.com/wallcam/

Also, there is an article in the Jerusalem Post about a new gender-divided walkway to be built in an ultra-orthodox neighbourhood. Because, of course, G-d forbid an orthodox man walk on the same sidewalk as a woman!
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1101788150777&p=1077423454793

And finally, to my delight, my mother is coming to visit in exactly two weeks! I'm so excited, and have been writing out an itinerary for us. I am making her do one very non-Eema-like thing, at my expense, and to her fear. The options? Rappelling in the Ramon Crater (http://www.gallery.yan.co.il/gallery/album29/aaj), parasailing in Eilat, or scuba diving with the dolphins (http://www.dolphinreef.co.il/). I was thinking of adding skydiving to that list, but I guess I'll save that for her 60th birthday. (I did it already, and I came out okay, so she should do it too!) As of now, she claims that she's too afraid to do any of the things that I've listed, but we'll see if she changes her mind....

No comments: