It is Thursday afternoon, right before the weekend in Israel, and my mother will be pleased to hear that I am not going anywhere dangerous for the next few days! But she might not be as happy when she hears about what happened yesterday in Jerusalem.
I was walking back home from campus, and right when I was almost at the dorms, I saw that the street had been blocked off and police were stopping cars and pedestrians. Apparently, they found a suspicious object near the dormitories, and as is common in Israel, they were worried that it might be a bomb. So the police came and they blew it up! Pretty exciting, but thank G-d no one was hurt.
On other notes, we are having a party tonight for my wonderful roommate Samantha. As most of you know, I'm not exactly a party person. I'm pretty shy, get quiet in large groups, and basically would rather be studying or even cleaning, then be social. But I'm going to try tonight, so wish me luck! And maybe there'll be some nice, tall, Jewish boys there. Because, frankly, the best offer that I have right now is this skeezy Israeli grad student who keeps accosting me in the library, and offering to give me a private piano recital. Although I'm sure he has great pianist skills, the answer is no. Hehehe, I think I'm beginning to realize that I have the wit of a 14 year old boy. Good times, good times.
Anyway, Shabbat Shalom to everybody!
Thursday, December 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment