Grrr.....I had a small change of plans. Right now, I should be in Russia, just about to get onto the Trans-Siberian train that would take me to Beijing, and thus into the Asia part of my trip. But unfortunately, I am not able to actually follow it through. Because China, being a horrible COMMUNIST country, won't let me in! Apparently I need to have gotten my tourist visa from my home country, but since I haven't been in Canada for the past 8 months, that would have been a little difficult. So I can't actually go to China! After I found this out (in Germany), I went on to Estonia anyway hopeful of finding some type of alternative, but there weren't any good ones. So in the end, I decided to hold off on the Russia/Asia part of my trip (hopefully I'll do it in 2 years), and to fly back to London and figure out what to do there. At least they're not a communist country!
I am an uber-capitalist, and not a big fan of communism in general. And this experience didn't make me feel any better about them. So here is a communist joke, that is also (how convenient!) a Star Trek joke:
Q: What did Captain McCoy say when he found the Communist?
A: "He's Red, Jim!"
Anyway, now I am in London, and am tentatively going to India in half a week. I'll post more when I know for sure. Until then, live long and prosper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment