Monday, February 14, 2005


I saw Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon today in the Jewish Museum of Berlin. (And no, I did not take this picture. Tim Robbins was not carrying his Oscar when I saw them. I just didn't want to invade their privacy by taking my own picture of them). I saw the front page of a German newspaper today that said that they were in town for the Berlin Film Festival, but since I am not a major fan of either actor, I didn't really care. Then I went to the Jewish Museum and there they were! I was checking out this beautiful man in a suit when I looked up and saw that I was blocking two people. Then I saw who they were. The man that I was admiring was their bodyguard. As I said, I am not really a fan, and although I like some of their movies (like 'Shawshank Redemption' and 'Thelma and Louise'), both of them sort of irritated me. They are so left wing and outspoken, and I am neither of those things. But seeing them in the Jewish Museum today, just going around like everyone else, looking upset as they read the exhibits of the Holocaust, was pretty cool. So now I like them a little more. (Well, Sarandon at least. I cannot ever like Robbins because he was in the absolutely dreadful movie 'Mission to Mars', which had the worst line ever said in a movie. It was 'that looks like human DNA!' Yikes.)

No comments: