Friday, January 13, 2006

Harper is a Trekker!

Apparently, Stephen Harper is a fan of Star Trek. I'm almost tempted to vote for him now...(Also check out that great blog by a National Post columnist).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that he is not offended by Kirk's failures in the family values department.

Kate said...

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Anything but Conservatives!!!!

;)

Kate said...

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Anything but the Conservatives!!!!

;)

Leora said...

Lyds, he probably likes Star Trek because there are no gay characters in it, therefore, presumably, no homosexuals in the 23rd century. Yay evolution!

And Kate, aren't you so impressed by Stephen Harper now that you'd consider voting for him in the election? January 23rd, vote in the Trekker. May the force be with you.

Finally:

Stephen Harper has a dog.
You know who else had a dog?

Hitler.

Adolf Hitler.

That's who.

Did Stephen Harper train his dog to attack racial minorities on command?

We don't know.

He's not saying.

Choose Your Canada.

link

Leora said...

One more comment, and yes, I am replying to myself. The current MP in my riding, Andrew Telegdi, has made Warren Kinsella's Top Ten Jerks list. I knew about his pre-Nazi stuff before, but his sister is a fan of my work (literally!), so I thought it would be trippy to vote for him. Now I just don't think I'm going to vote at all. Sigh. Maybe I'll move to the States, where their government is perfect...

Anonymous said...

Stephen Harper likes Star Trek.
The characters on Star Trek have weapons.
Will Stephen Harper mandate that all Canadians walk around with weapons?
Will he militarize space?
Will he try terrorize distant planets?
Other Star Trek fans might.
Choose your Canada.
Vote for the crooks (or in Waterloo, the Nazi-sympathizer liberal candidate).


haha, I used to be concerned at the Liberal fictional ads - I realize now that they're really quite funny. lol at the liberal supporters!

Leora said...

Hahaha, that's awesome, Freddy, I like it a lot. And don't be too worried about the Liberal ads--obviously they're not too effective, considering how much Stephen Harper, the evil incarnate, is kicking ass.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, he likes TOS, not TNG. I'm not sure what that says about the man though. I can see not liking DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise. But TNG? It's Picard, man! You gotta love Picard. Or at least Data!

You know, I did like Harper once... when he was running for the Reform Party (does everyone remember Refooooorm?). But his in-House political style reminded me too much of Dalton McGuinty (now there is evil incarnate ;)). Oh Peter McKay, why did you leave us?

I also liked Jean Charest before he went to Quebec to save Canada (when he was holding the Conservatives own in the House when Mulroney's fall-out left him with only 2 seats -- or whatever insanely small number it was). I still like Charest, actually. And Harper likes Charest... ooh, maybe Harper won't be all bad afterall?

But TOS over TNG? Puh-lease!

Leora said...

Erin, no one has to love Data. Data bites. But Picard? *Swoon* That is odd that Harper prefers TOS over TNG, right? I thought that TNG is widely considered to be the better show. Maybe he just admires Kirk's "Knock 'em, sock 'em" attitude, over Picard's renowned diplomatic abilities.

And is it wrong for me to only root for candidates that are attractive? Harper just doesn't do it for me. Peter MacKay is HOT, and Stockwell Day, despite being a bit of a sphincter, was also good looking (especially in a wet-suit). Dalton's a bit woody, but fairly attractive, and even Preston Manning was nerdy-chic (well, you guys know my type already....) But Harper and Martin? Meh. I want an attractive leader, so even if they completely screw up the country, and in George W's case, the world, at least they look good while they're doing it.

I don't know who I'm voting for this election, I haven't been following it very well, and I honestly don't like any of the candidates. Maybe I'll just vote for the MLP. Give those fucking Commies something to think about...

Anonymous said...

No! Not wrong at all. In fact, I thought that Jean Charest was even cute, in a kinda Doctor Who sorta way ;).