Thursday, January 12, 2006

"Hot Professor"©

A couple people have asked me if I have any "Kinky Professors"© this semester, and unfortunately, the answer is no. But I do have this mad crush on one of my profs, so I think that merits a post of its own.

I don't know what it is about this guy--he's short, not very good looking, a bad dresser, and so on, but I just think he's so sexy. So sexy. He's super-smart, articulate, and makes corny jokes. Sigh. I'm like a love-struck schoolgirl in his class now, all I can do is gaze dreamily at him. I thought that at least since I probably wasn't the only one who felt that way, it's not too freaky, right? But when I was out for dinner last night with a friend who knows him, and told her about my obsession, she burst out laughing, like it was the craziest thing that she had ever heard. Apparently I am the only one who feels this way. Now she's going to go out and ask around, to see if there is anyone out there who likes him also. Craziness.

I think it's really funny because I'm 22, way too old to have a crush on someone like that. Plus, I am sort of in a relationship anyway...but this prof is just so sexy!! I'll post more about him later, now I've got to go "study" for his class.

13 comments:

Leora said...

Oh, oh, oh, one more thing!! He's so awesome that he doesn't even open his eyes when he's lecturing. Literally. He walks around with his eyes closed. How cool is that?! Now that means that I can gaze at him, unabashed, because he won't see!

Anonymous said...

you should start sending him creepy anonymous love poetry and black roses. that would be awesome. and you should document all of this here. which would involve taking secret pictures of him and posting them online. definitely yes.

Leora said...

Hmmm, creepy anonymous love poetry, eh? How about:

"You might be teaching me about Ecology,
But I just wanna study your physiology!"

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Dear professor:

I vibrate in tune with certain of your universal constants;
Please accelerate my particles.

Samantha Farbman said...

your boyfriend is going to off your professor if you keep talking like that. you are starting to sound like lyds.

Leora said...

Haha, sounds great, Lydia! He's nerdy, so he'd definitely go for that come-on.

And Sam, no need to worry about how David feels about my Hottie Professor lusting. He has a crush on Martha Stewart. Must be something in the Seattle water...all of you guys are nuts.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if I should be jealous. On one hand, she's never posted something so descriptive about me in her blog, but at least I rank high enough to get some pictures :)

But then again, she's getting very excited about this prof. Perhaps I should worry.

And no my dear, I don't like Martha. She's got too much angryness in her for it to ever work. Plus, I don't date ex-cons. Even filthy stinking rich ones.

Leora said...

Be jealous. Be very jealous. When Sophie saw his picture, she was shocked that I was lusting after him, because he's "not even Jewish-looking nerdy" (my usual type, no offense to you, of course. Ahem.) "just plain nerdy." And yet, still so sexy.

I wish that I could post his picture here, so you could all judge for yourselves. But what if he googles himself (I know I'm not the only one who does that!) and finds my blog and reads about my dorky little crush? That would be just a bit embarassing.

Anonymous said...

Hrm, I think I've narrowed it down to two profs... and am definitely leaning towards one. If I'm right, then based on the one picture I could find, yes he is better looking than the average prof. No Jeff Taylor (I think I got his name right)... but then those are big shoes to fill. ;)

I know, I know... must be nice having a job where I can indulge my obsessive need to solve minor mysteries... but what can I say? While the cat is away, the mice will play!

Leora said...

It's not who I think you mean, Erin (the prof whose class we were both in, a long, long time ago, who was so boring that I would have fallen asleep if I didn't have you to talk to). And yes, he is no Jeff Taylor. Humina-humina.

Keep on guessing, but here's a clue: don't look for one who is better looking than the average prof...(but what he lacks in looks, he makes up for with sheer, unadulterated sexiness).

Anonymous said...

Nope, I wasn't thinking about Roland. I scratched him of my list of possibles as soon as you said "Ecology"... no way it could be Roland. But there are two other eco profs that are theoretically teaching this semester, and both have their pics up on the web.

So maybe it is the other then? Hrm, interesting.

Anonymous said...

Well, his photo probably does not do him justice. I could picture him being a far more dynamic and by extension sexy person? Actually, and I don't know why... he kinda reminds me of Bill Gates.

Leora said...

Hahaha, the sad thing is, that is that the picture is a fairly accurate representation of what he actually looks like. And yet, I'm still so attracted to him. I need help. :/