Erin just informed me that one of my crushes, the sexy, sassy and super-smart Bill Nye, just got married. And not even to me--to another woman! I know, it's shocking. But I guess he just couldn't handle being second-place in my heart anymore (first is Patrick Stewart, obviously. Sorry David!) But it's okay, I'm not bitter or anything: I wish nothing but the best to him and his floozy. One of the most shocking things though, is that he is supposed to be Jewish, but his marriage ceremony was officiated by a reverand! So he not only turns his back on his true love, but also on his religion. For shame, Billy Nye, for shame. I once loved you, but now I feel nothing.
Luckily, this day wasn't a total loss: I finally found one of my favourite music videos on the web. Radiohead's Just. It may not be Hasselhoff quality, but so few things are. Any Radiohead fans in the hiz-ouse?
11 comments:
I lurv Radiohead's version of "The Spy Who Loved Me" -- they start it by saying this is the sexiest song ever written.... It's a live song, but findable on certain mp3 sources. Not that I'm telling you to do anything legally questionable.
I did some poking, and Bill Nye's parents apparently converted to the Quaker movement. *shrug* Not that it does anyone any good... he's still married now *pout*
Bwahaha, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while--his family became Quakers? I can understand why people convert, but at least do it to a cool religion! If they wanted a boring, plain lifestyle, then they could have just become more observant Jews! And don't tell me that they did it for the oatmeal...
But I suppose it's just as well--our friendship would have been ruined when Bill Nye chose me over you. Now we're just competing for Patrick Stewart! And I'll definitely check out "The Spy Who Loved Me"--legally, of course. Hehehe.
I think the wedding night is more like an ionic bond. Nothing will pull them apart.
Bill Nye is beating me now? First JTT, then Patrick Stewart, then Sting, then Bill Nye? I don't think there's a place in your heart for me, Leora. It's too crowded there. I'll just wait in the line outside.
And after a couple of years of marriage, it's like the husband is polar and the wife is nonpolar--so of course they repel each other! Aaah, corny science humour.
Oh, and I don't know if I believe Erin when she says that Bill's parents became Quakers. There was an episode of Family Guy where they say that Billy Nye is Jewish. I think that Erin was just trying to fool me so that she could steal him away. But it didn't work, Erin! And neither did planting that false news story about his marriage. I'm sure that he's as single as can be, and you're just conspiring to get him all to yourself. Some friend...
Aw *snap* you found me out!
Huh? What's that? He really is married? So it's true?? Aw man! And my plan was going so well up until now. Curses!!
Apparently the new Mrs. Science Guy had a one night stand with the Pops conductor sometime in her past (scroll down past the nude vanity fair thing). I suggest we use this to our advantage. Let us put aside our petty competition and see if we can break Bill Nye of his nuptial bonds. We both know that she'll only break his heart in the end.
Plus, if you get Bill Nye... I get Patrick Stewart... ooops, did I say that out loud?
Radiohead is very good, though it took a while for me to get used to their later stuff. Once I saw the light I decided that I Might Be Wrong is the best strutting song ever!
Bill Nye... can't say I crushed on him (or his assistant... no not the rat, the red head.) But I did enjoy the show. I have vivid memories of his explanation of how a scab is formed when you get cut.
Oh, oh, you think you're so funny, don't you Erin? But you don't have a chance with Patrick Stewart! Because if I recall correctly, I am almost one year younger than you--and we all know now that Patrick has a thing for young women. Besides, don't you have a boyfriend? If I was dating someone else, I definitely wouldn't be lusting after other men.
And Geoff, I'm still not the biggest Radiohead fan, there are some songs that I love but other that I hate. I really don't like Thom Yorke's voice and find the later lyrics esoteric and hard to understand. I think that I only have the intellectual abilities to appreciate Britney Spears...I'll try strutting to I Might Be Wrong. We can all use some more strutting in our lives.
Bill Nye does a lot of super cool experiments, I'll give you that. But at the same time, he's not that good looking... I guess unless you go for the geeky-nerdy type ;)
They mentioned him on the Radio today. They said "Bill nye is no longer the science guy. He's the married guy"
I think they should have done a remake of his theme song.
"Bill Nye - the Married guy"
I've included my own rendition here. Mostly for nostaligic sake... Also, I REALLY SHOULD BE WORKING..
Bill Nye, the married Guy
Bill Nye, the married Guy
Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill
Bill Nye, the married Guy
"Marriage rules"
Bill Nye, the married Guy
"Intercourse is a property of relationships"
Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill
Bill Nye, the married Guy
Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill
"T-minus seven seconds"
Fine, so as you can see, there wasn't a lot of work. but give me credit where credit is due. :)
You never know - maybe Patrick Stewart will become Jewish and land on your door step - a galaxy away.
One can only hope, Anonymous. And by one, I mean "me". And by hope, I mean "pray to G-d".
On another note, I may be spacey but you're snarky--not that I don't enjoy reading bitchy comments every so often (and making them myself), but why are your panties in a knot?
We can all use some more strutting in our lives.
True dat!
Post a Comment