Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hope you all enjoy VD!

But I don't mean the chlamydia, gonorrhea and genital herpes kind of VD. So be careful, you crazy kids! And happy Valentine's Day. (I spared you all by posting the least gross picture of chlamydia because I didn't want you to projectile vomit and refuse to touch anyone else ever again. Who says that romance is dead?)

* Edited to ramble - I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. It was forbidden at my Jewish day school, and I was never tempted to observe it like other goyeshe holidays like Christmas and Halloween (besides, we have our Jewish equivalent--Yom Kippur!). So Valentine's Day has never really meant anything to me. But I guess it is nice to show that special someone that you care. I hope that Patrick Stewart enjoys all his presents!

Oh, and to all you University of Waterloo students out there, vote now in the Feds election for Sabrina Bowman, my lovely and wonderful friend, who may be a frigging socialist, but is shockingly one of the most right-wing candidates in this stupid election.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chlamydia shaped like a heart. Wow. Pretty cool. Do you have one in pink?

Leora said...

HAHAHA, I never noticed it before, but you're right, it is kind of heart-shaped! Is that appropriate or what? Seriously, I bet that G-d just does fun things like that to mess with our heads. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Have you taken (or are you in) Butler's Micro and Disease course? She does the best lectures... lots of gross pictures. And her VD lectures are priceless!

Yup, I figure God's gotta have a pretty good sense of humour. I mean, chlamydia shaped like a heart, parasites that make snails climb upwards to get eaten by birds, the platypus... need I go on?

Happy Valentines' Day!

Leora said...

I haven't taken any Butler classes because I'd heard that she isn't that good. But now I regret it--I love gross-out pictures! Although it's probably for the best. After Slawson's class I was afraid to have canned food because I'd catch salmonella, so if I took Micro and Disease, I bet that I'd be afraid to do anything! Hehehe, that wouldn't be romantic.

And yes, I LOVED the parasites that infected snails' brains and made them climb up fences where they would be eaten by birds. By far the best part of Zoology. I hated that class (the evil Barton made me dissect dead animals!!) but that was awesomeness.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. It brings back memories of my adolesence when all of kids (pre-Internet) would crouch around the books of Sharon Hardin's Dermatologist father to see what "private parts" looked like. Unfortunately they were diseased and our minds were irreparably scarred. Ah, good times!!!

Leora said...

Hahaha, Eema, that is SO funny! I would have thought that I've heard all your stories by now (because G-d knows I've heard the same ones over and over again) but this was a new one!

And it was funny! I did something sort of similar with my friend Joanna: she would steal the dictionary from her parents' bookcase and we'd look up words like "sex" and "penis" and giggle. That was awesome. Far better than the Sex Ed. that I got from my Jewish private school, or from my parents....