Friday, March 25, 2005

Money - beats the hell out of yoga!

I've been pretty stressed for the past few days, so to relax, I've been doing my form of meditation - working on my finances. Yes, I've been calculating how much money I'll have when I come back from my trip (not much), how much I'll have to work during the summer (a hell of a lot) and how much I need for next year's expenses (too painful to write about). Although this trip is fantastic, I need to pay for tuition and living costs for next year so I've been working on budgets and other financial plans. And with hard work, I should have enough to pay for my final year in undergrad costs. Plus grad school applications. And maybe even a little bit extra to start saving for my next trip. Ahh, it's so relaxing. Beats the hell out of yoga.

And speaking of yoga, tonight I am leaving for Rishikish, the Yoga Centre of the World. That's where the Beatles came and "found themselves" (and where George first picked up the sitar). I actually find yoga dreadfully boring. I literally fell asleep in one of the few classes that I went to. But that the town is on the Ganges so I might go rafting, and there are trips to nearbye glaciers which makes it sound fun. And then, who knows? Nepal? Varanasi? I just know that 7 weeks is not even nearly long enough to spend in India. I can't believe that I'm going to be home in 26 days. After being away for so long it'll be strange to be back in Toronto, as if nothing's changed. But no point in getting anxious about it now. Maybe I'll go back to work on my finances.

No comments: