Friday, March 11, 2005


This is me in the taxi, wearing my brand new India weather shirt! I realized soon after I came to Mumbai that I couldn't survive with all my Siberia clothes. I had two shirts that weren't sweaters, and one of them was an elbow length black shirt. So I tried to get some more things here, but there weren't regular stores and womans fashion consists of saris and salwar kameezs. Luckily, I stumbled into this "chique" department store where they sold "American style" clothing, where I was able to buy this simple t-shirt. Yay! Now I have three shirts! And in case you're wondering, I took this picture myself because people here don't seem to know what to do with a camera. When I was on the street, I wanted to be in a picture, so I asked a store owner to take one of me. He looked puzzled, scratched his head, and called over a friend. His friend looked puzzled, scratched his head, and then called over another friend. Finally, this third guy held the camera once I showed him what button to press...but the picture had my head cut off in it. So I may have to rely on taking my picture like this in the meantime.

No comments: