Monday, November 14, 2005


It's a hot dog! Our beloved daschund Skippy (z"l) lived a long and happy life and we still miss him very much. Last year he passed away after 18 years, and I still don't sleep as well without him snuggling up next to me. Thanks to Freddy for sending me this picture.

6 comments:

Leora said...

Ugh, maybe I should have waited a few days to post this picture after my "beastiality" comments down below.

Anonymous said...

Skippy was in our home from when the Wandering Jew did her wandering in diapers. He was the most nurturing and loving member of the family with a strength of personality that stood in contrast to his 8 pound weight. He is now running through the fields in heaven, perhaps with a lovely female dachsie.

Leora said...

Yes, Skippy was the most unconditionally loving member of our little family. When something would upset me and I'd be crying, he would come up to me and lick my face, to try to make me feel better.

And I don't think that our Skippela is running through the fields of heaven--I picture him cuddled up in the sun, with plenty of Barbie dolls for him to chew, veggie steaks to eat, and carpets to pee on. And also, he doesn't have a female daxie--he's waiting up in heaven for me.

Avi said...

Eew, yeah, your comment below is oh so inappropriate.

Oh and your mother loves the dog more than she loves you.

Leora said...

Hehehe, right you are, Avi, my mom for sure loved our dog more than she loves me. But at least I can be confident in the knowledge that she loves me more than Freddy and Ilana, my brother and sister! I may be coming second to a dog, but he was quite a dog...

And you're not actually offended by my comments down below, are you? Don't get your panties in a bunch--the Raptors are NOT a good basketball team! I was just speaking the truth.

Leora said...

Whoa, Eema, I just reread your comments, and what do you mean that Skippy was in our house when I was in diapers? I was like 5 years old when we got Skippela! I wasn't still wearing diapers when I was 5, was I??!