
Speaking of suicide, it is late autumn and the leaves are starting to change colour and fall off. They're committing senescence. Either that, or the tree is homicidal. (I wonder if there's a certain branch of the judicial system to punish murderous mahoganies.) I'm a little sad because I love the colours, but it just means that winter, my very favourite season, is close at hand. Yay snow! Yay tobogganing! Yay having an excuse to drink booze at 11 am to stay warm!
4 comments:
oh Leora here you are worrying over plants shedding leaves because it seems suicidal, but think about humans n Apoptosis for a sec... ;)
senescence, eh? Another good word from the people who brought us perspicacious.
Oh wow, on a totally unrelated note, I have to mention that the word verification on that last comment was "beseder". hahaha.
Absolutely right, Sana, apoptosis is even worse! I remember that I was really freaked out in grade 11 Bio when I found out about the lysosomes and how they are the "suicide sack of cells". I was afraid that they'd burst open and release all kinds of degredative enzymes and I'd be eaten alive from within. That's a horror novel right there, eh, "When Organelles Attack"?
And Lydia, senescence is a science word, so unlike perspicacious, I feel totally comfortable using it in every-day conversation. Actually, I'm on a new kick where I try to use science terminology casually. I hypothesize that it will precipitate a lot of fun!
Awesome about the word verification, by the way. I think that it's G-d's way of telling you that complimenting me (and my intelligence) is totally "beseder"!
Post a Comment