
It's started to snow in Waterloo! YAY! Bring on the winter wonderland, baby!
As you can see from this picture, Waterloo has just built up its city hall, and is currently in the process of changing its name to Iceloo. It's a very exciting time here.
Actually, the first snow fall was two weeks ago even though it only lasted long enough for me to sing a quick "Shehechiyanu" on my way to class. But then, two days ago, we had a bigger snowfall. I loved it, although my enthusiasm was slightly dampened when I realized that I had forgotten my house-keys in my lab coat and nearly dying of hypothermia because I was out in the bitter cold for almost two hours. It was worth it, though, and I look forward to partaking in many winter traditions like tray-bogganing (tobogganing on stolen trays from the campus cafeterias), throwing snowballs at my mother, and slipping, sliding and swearing because of all the ice. Fun! Summer's so overrated.
3 comments:
Tray-bogganing! what a novel idea.
The temperature has fallen to around 0 here and all of the Brits are complaining bitterly and refusing to go outdoors. The reaction is sort of like that time when it rained in Jerusalem.
this is nice and all, but give us what we REALLY want. pics of the man. c'mon. don't make us beg. weather shmether.
my eternal love and devotion,
-samantha
p.s. i see jess in two days!
Sammy!! Yay! I will eventually post pictures of The Man, once I have some that pass my rigorous quality control process (meaning, I think that I look cute in them). But not yet... ;)
Anyway, when Jess first told me that you were going to visit her in California, I felt so jealous and excluded! But then I heard that another wonderful former roommate will be coming to Toronto during Christmas break (hint--it's not Silje or Goya) and we're going to have a jolly good time of our own! Perhaps with a game of Drunken Dreidle? Hehehe, jealous yet?
Post a Comment